Colorado is offering up to $4,000 in vacation rewards for those willing to go on a Colorado vacation with their family, as well as up to 20% back on gas.
This includes a two-night stay in a resort hotel, a two week cruise, a three-night cruise and a three and a half-night excursion in a luxury boat.
Here’s how to book a vacation package in Colorado: • Get a hotel reservation online.
• Find out where you want to stay.
• Get in touch with your reservation agent or travel agent.
• Make an appointment online.
The most popular destinations are the Wynkoop Resort and Spa in Utah, the Grand Canyon Resort in Arizona and Grandeur in California.
Colorado is also offering an additional two nights, and an additional 20% off gas on the first night.
• Contact your reservation company to see if they offer any special incentives.
• Call ahead and book an appointment at the hotel or cruise line that is closest to your destination.
• Have your credit card and other necessary paperwork ready.
Travel agents will typically call you within 30 to 45 minutes of making your reservation, but sometimes it may take longer.
• Take your trip on time.
You can call or email the travel agent and make arrangements to arrive at your destination as early as 6:00 a.m. to avoid waiting in line.
• Bring all your essential items with you, including food and lodging.
The hotel or boat rental company will typically include a prepaid meal voucher or a snack or beverage voucher.
The airline and hotel rental companies typically will not offer vouchers, but can help with transportation expenses.
• If you have a credit card, check the status of the payment.
If you haven’t already, take out the card and make sure it’s not expired.
It may be possible to cancel the card with the card company, but this is uncommon.
• Check to see whether your credit cards are still active.
You may need to contact the card issuer for assistance.
• Request a receipt for your hotel reservation, hotel, cruise or boat booking.
• Do not leave the hotel without the necessary receipts.
The credit card company will likely require you to bring proof of payment.
• Be prepared to answer questions about your trip.
Most travel agents will provide you with a short video tour of the hotel and cruise ship that you can watch.
You should not ask questions about the cruise company’s prices or the availability of food or beverages.
• Keep the following items in your luggage: cash, checkbook, phone, passport, and a copy of your passport.
This is a good time to bring your passport with you when you go on your trip, as it can help confirm that your identity is who you say it is.
• Ask to see identification, such as a driver’s license, a driver license photo or ID card.
• Before leaving the hotel, make sure your room is clean and secure.
The best way to do this is to get a cleaning kit at the motel.
Bring this with you to the hotel.
Keep this kit in your pocket.
You’ll need it at the reception desk, if you need to check into a hotel, or at the check-in desk.
If the hotel isn’t open at night, bring your kit with you.
If your trip involves staying in hotels in other states, make arrangements for the hotel to open the hotel’s hotel room to you.
• Book a hotel room at least one week in advance.
If it’s too early, you may have to book online.
You also may have the option to book in advance, but the hotel may not be able to give you a room at the start of the booking period.
• When booking a trip, make an appointment to get your hotel reservations.
• Set aside at least three nights for a vacation.
If a hotel is booked as your final destination, you should set aside at most two nights.
If there is room available for you at your final hotel, it’s better to set aside three nights.
• Stay at least 30 minutes away from your final location.
A hotel is not obligated to accommodate you, but it may want to do so if it’s within walking distance.
• In the event of a power outage, a hotel may be able for a short period of time to accommodate your stay.
You will need to be in the hotel when it goes on, and you may need assistance.
If this is the case, you will need a phone or internet connection to call ahead of time and make an inquiry.
• After you book your trip and return to your hotel, your room will be cleaned, and your credit or debit card will be credited for the night.
You have a couple of days to book and pay for your stay, but there may be an additional cost.
• Once you arrive at the destination, take a photo of your trip to your reservation manager.
It’s a good idea to keep the photo and note